Well, If you keep forgetting your Wireless password, then this page is the best for you. We will show you how to view saved WiFi Passwords on Android without root in 2020. These techniques will show you how to see saved wireless passwords on mobile.
We will also be sharing the WiFi Password Recovery Android App that works without root, allowing you to recover your wireless password. Follow through the article to get to know about the two different methods through which you can easily extract all the saved wifi passwords in your android device.
If you are the kind of person who carries multiple wifi connections, then it is quite reasonable if you forget your passwords. You can now learn to view all the saved wifi passwords on your android phone very quickly.
Android devices are considered to be very smart and intelligent. Many passwords are saved within the android device. These are stored in the internal, reserved memory of an android device. The Two different methods that we are going to discuss here are going to be one for rooted device and the other for the non-rooted device.
How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android Without Root 2020
Let’s show you how to find out the connected WiFi Password:
Use Your File Manager
- In the first step, you are required to have a file explorer that provides you with the read access to the folder. However, if your default file manager does not give you such access, then you can install the root explorer or the super manager that will provide you with superuser permission to access the system folder
- After this, you need to go to the data/misc./wifi the folder where you are going to find a file by the name of wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Once done, you need to open in the built-in text/HTML viewer for the task. In here, you shall be able to see the network SSID along with passwords next to it.
- You can now save down the network name and its password. Like this, you shall be able to view the saved passwords on the android device
You need to keep in your mind that you do not edit anything in wpa_supplicant.conf as it can alter your device working or have an effect all over your wifi connectivity.
Use ES File Explorer to See Saved Wireless Passwords
- In the first step, you are required to download and install the ES File Explorer application there on your android device
- Once done you need to open the application
- Once done you are asked to enable the root explorer option that is there in the ES file explorer
- Now you need to move towards the root folder in the ES file explorer and also need to find a directory that is known as Data
- Locate the envelope by the name of Misc under the Data
- Under the wifi folder, you are asked to locate a file that is by the name of wpa_supplicant.conf
- Once done you need to open the file with ES file explorers built-in text/HTML explorer
- Now you can see all of your SSID (network name) along with the PSK (password) lying next to it and then close the file
WiFi Recovery Tool – Root Password Recovery
A wifi password recovery is a tool that is required to access to recover the saved passwords in an android phone. The best part is that this tool comes in totally free. This can be used to back up all the wifi passwords on your smartphone device.
- The wifi password recovery tool can LIST, BACKUP & RESTORE the entire network’s (WiFi) passwords that are saved on your device.
- It can show SSID and Password on full screen (for easy viewing and sharing with others)
- You can Copy WiFi Password to the Clipboard and can be pasted anywhere
- It can show the QR Code (to another device scan and access the network)
- You can also share password through SMS or Email
How to use WiFi Password Recovery Tool app:
- In the first step, you need to download the wifi password recovery applications there on your rooted android smartphone device
- Once installed, you need to allow for the root permissions.
- Now you can see all of your saved wifi passwords that are listed with SSID name and a pass. If you wish to keep the password, then click on the network and then select copy password to clipboard.
This is all. This is considered to be the easiest way to know regarding the saved wifi passwords in your android smartphone device.
Use ADB (Android Debug Bridge)
ADB is abbreviated as Android Debug Bridge. ADB is just like CMD for windows. It is a different tool that allows the users to manage the state of an emulator instance for android-powered device. With the help of ABD, you can execute the commands through the computer system towards your android device to perform a different set of tasks. In the following way, you can use the ABD commands to view the saved wifi passwords on your android device phone:
- In the first step, you need to download the Android SDK package there on your Windows computer system and then install the .ext file
- After this, you need to enable the USB debugging on your android smartphone device and then connect it with your computer system through a USB cable
- Then head towards the folder where you have installed the android SDK platform tools. Then download and install ADB drivers from adbdriver.com on your computer system.
- Now from the same folder, you need to hold the shift key and then click right inside the folder. Here you need to click on the “open command windows.”
- Enter the ADB device’s command to check either the ADB is working or not. It is going to list the connected device.
- After this, you need to enter the ADB pull/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and hit the enter button.
Now, this is all. You shall soon see the wpa_supplicant.conf file there in the platform-tools folder. To view all the saved SSID and password, you can open the file in Notepad.
Different applications are available on the Playstore that can perform the same work, but the best one is wifi recovery tool due to being secure.
Note: Viewing passwords is a lot different than hacking WiFi passwords, you are only seeing them instead of using a vulnerability to crack the password. WPA3 has a lot of different security measures in place and might break some functionality.
How do you See Saved WiFi Passwords in Android?
We conclude this page by showing you how to view saved WiFi passwords on Android (Without Root) 2020. I would also recommend having a look at some of the best hacking apps for Android, which can also help in showing wireless passwords. I hope after following the above tutorial, you can see the WiFi password without root.