Malware is something that no one wants on their PC it’s one of those threats that are very harmful. Today you will learn how to remove malware from your Windows PC very efficiently and quickly. There are many tutorials out there that help you to clean your PC and make it malware free, but ours has everything in it’s the most natural form.
- 1 What is Malware and what are it’s infection symptoms?
- 2 How To Remove Malware from your Windows 10 PC? – (A Complete Malware Removal Guide)
- 3 1) Install a Malware Removal Tool
- 4 2) Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking
- 5 3) Review your Proxy settings
- 6 Some tips to stay safe from future Malware Infections
- 7 Conclusion
What is Malware and what are it’s infection symptoms?
It is merely a piece of malicious software which has the primary intent of causing harm to your PC and data. Malware comes in various types including Spyware, Viruses, Ransomware, and Trojans. So what can it do to your PC? It can lock your files and ask you money to unlock them, corrupt your data, delete files and slow down your computer. You should read our guide on ‘how to keep your PC clean from viruses‘ and other harmful threats.
Malware infection symptoms are pretty visible and noticeable. Below is a list that includes some of the signs that you are infected:
- Your PC is slowing down and boots up much slower than before.
- Your Apps start to crash often.
- You start to get random pop-ups in your web browser.
- Random programs that you never installed start to lunch and close automatically.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, then you should consider following this guide on malware removal.
How To Remove Malware from your Windows 10 PC? – (A Complete Malware Removal Guide)
There are a few steps that you will have to follow to successfully remove malware from your PC. Let’s start!
1) Install a Malware Removal Tool
You will need special software to thoroughly clean your PC and make it malware free! Having a malware scanner will remove most of the infection. If you already had an antivirus program installed, please be aware that no antivirus is perfect and they do not have a 100 percent detection rate. A separate scanner should be used for this removal process.
The traditional antivirus suites that you must have heard of, or have already installed are:
- Antivirus that scans your PC in real-time while always running in the background.
- The second one is the on-demand scanner. This one only scans for malware threats when you manually open it and run a scan.
An excellent piece of advice from me would be only to install one real-time scanner at a time and install multiple on-demand malware scanning tools. The reason behind this is if one of the scanners doesn’t detect a threat the second one might do. If your computer is infected you should use the following recommend malware scanner tools that are free:
You can also read our article and see which is the Best Free Antivirus Software for your Windows 10 PC. After running a scan with a malware scanner, you should scan your full computer with a real-time antivirus.
2) Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking
The main benefit of starting your PC into safe mode is that it will run the processes that are necessary to run the PC. Thus it will not run any malicious programs that are disguised as malware. You should remove any flash drives from the PC and take out any CD / DVD’s if you have any inserted into the computer.
If you are asking yourself how to enter in safe mode with networking? Here is what you need to do then:
- Windows 10: Open Settings > Go to Update and Security > Recovery. After this, it will take you to the Advanced Startup Options menu from there just select Enter Safe Mode with Networking, and that’s it.
- Windows 8: Go to PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery.
- Other Windows OS: Restart your computer and start pressing F8 key on the keyboard, then it will open Windows Advanced Options. After reaching this screen just select ‘Safe Mode with Networking.’
After entering safe mode now try scanning your PC again with one of the on-demand scanners and real-time scanners.
3) Review your Proxy settings
There are hundreds of different types of malware out there. There is also one that can change your proxy settings and change your internet server. The proxy settings do not automatically get changed when you remove it. There are a few steps you have to do to change your proxy settings here is what to do:
- Open Control Panel > Select Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- Then from the top open ‘Connections tab’ and at the bottom press ‘Lan settings.’
Your settings should look exactly like the screenshot below! If not immediately change them to match the screenshot.
Some tips to stay safe from future Malware Infections
Do not install malicious programs that are offered in random browser pop-ups while visiting websites. Always download software from official sites and trusted sources.
If you attach a flash drive to your PC / Laptop always run a scan first before opening any file. Keep your Windows 10 installation up-to-date still. Keep running scheduled scans by the malware removal tools and an Antivirus program.
Removing Malware from your PC is not a very complicated task. It all depends on the level of infection caused. You should not ignore any of the symptoms because it could be stealing your data or slowing down your computer. You need to stop it because it will start to spread to other users on the same network and can infect everyone. I hope I have answered your question about ‘How to Remove Malware from Windows 10 PC,’ I have shared with you the best possible methods related to malware removal in this guide.
Have any other great tips on how to remove malware from your computer? Let us know in the comments below!