In this guide, we are going to show you how you can convert Excel xlsx to Vcard vcf file to make things easier for you. Now what happens is that whenever we export data especially our contact they are usually exported in the xls or xlsx format. This general format can be opened on any system. However, there are some software’s that only allow importing data or contacts from the Vcard i.e. VCF format.
This page features an excel to Vcard converter online free. It also works without software and can help you manually convert xlsx files.
- 1 What is a Vcard VCF File?
- 2 What is Excel (Xls/xlsx) File?
- 3 How to Convert Excel To Vcard VCF File (Without Software) in 2020
- 4 Convert Excel XLSX to Vcard Easily using Sys Tool Converter
- 5 Excel xlsx to Vcard – Supported Attributes & Applications
- 6 Excel to Vcard Converter Online Latest 2020
- 7 Which online Excel to VCF Converter are you using?
What is a Vcard VCF File?
The Vcard vcf file is a file format that stores contact information like names, phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses and much more. The structure of the VCF file looks like the following:
What is Excel (Xls/xlsx) File?
The excel file format is created by Microsoft Excel. Till the Microsoft Excel 2003 the extension was xls and from Microsoft office 2007 the extension became xlsx. This file format is mostly used by organizations and businesses. This is the reason that having a xlsx file is more important than a vcf file.
You will get amazing results, once you Google it. You will see that there are various paid software’s that perform the same function. However, you will not find any free software to provide you with the services. The reason is that there are 2 steps involved in converting a file from xlsx to Vcard vcf.
How to Convert Excel To Vcard VCF File (Without Software) in 2020
To convert an xlsx file to Vcard vcf file you need to follow the steps below:
- In the first step, open the excel file in Microsoft office
- If your data is not arranged, then arrange it
- Click on the file button and click on save as
- Click on the browse button
- Now select the location where you want to store the file
- Now select CSV (comma delimited) (*.csv) in the save as type
- Now open the link csvtovcard.com and download the software. It will be less than 1 MB
- Install and open it on your system
- The CSV file that you have just exported, select it.
- Now select the format in which you want to export it in (a single or separate file for each row)
- If the attributes are not identified automatically then specify them manually.
- Now click on the convert button. Your file shall be converted within seconds.
Convert Excel XLSX to Vcard Easily using Sys Tool Converter
A sys tool converter is a tool that is used to convert the files from excel to Vcard.
Is performs the following functions:
- It allows converting the excel spreadsheet CSV/XLSX/XLS to Vcard.
- It is able to convert all the details from the Excel sheet that includes name, phone, email and much more.
- It is able to convert XLT, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX excel workbook or template files to Vcard.
- It is capable to load and preview the Excel file including rows and columns of all the spreadsheets.
- It includes the field mapping option that allows map excel columns with Vcard fields.
- It is able to convert multiple excel contacts. (it is tested on 40 thousand + contacts)
- You can create a single .vcf file for each contact and can create a single vcf file for all the contacts.
- Excel to Vcard converter allows you to import empty email addresses as well.
- You can transfer Excel contacts to Vcard with multiple language conversion
- Email applications and mobile devices can easily access the files converted to VCF
- The MS Excel installation requires to convert .xls to Vcard file
- It supports Windows 10 and the below versions in order to export Excel contacts to VCF
- It is capable to import exported Vcard to Microsoft outlook/ Gmail/ iCloud contacts.
- It also supports all the android phones including Samsung, one plus and Motorola.
Excel xlsx to Vcard – Supported Attributes & Applications
The converter supports the following Attributes and Applications:
Name (Full Name), Title, Middle Name, Suffix, First Name, Last Name (Family Name), Birthday, Gender, Nickname, Job Title, Department, Company, Mobile Phone, Email, Business Fax, Business Phone, Business Address (Street, City, Website, State, Postal Code, Country/Region), Home Phone, Personal Website, Home Fax, Home Address (Street, City, State, Postal Code, Country/Region)
Moreover, it also supports the following:
- ODS (ODF [Open Document Format] for Spreadsheet)
- CSV (Comma Delimited)/ CSV(Macintosh)/ CSV (MS-DOS)
- TXT File (TEXT Macintosh)/ TXT (TEXT MS-DOS)/ TXT (TAB Delimited)/ TXT (UNICODE TEXT)
- DIF (Data Interchange Format)
- SLK (Symbolic Link)
- dBase- DBF File
- TSV File (Tab Separated Values)
Excel to Vcard Converter Online Latest 2020
- Load & Preview Heavy File of Excel
The software generates an instant preview of the Excel file once you browse and add XLS or XLSX file. You can view the data of each row and column respectively. Moreover, the converter will browse all other file types that are created by MS Excel. For example XLS, XLSX, XLSX, XLT, XLSM and much more.
- Save output in 3 Vcard Editions
According to your requirement or selection, you can export Excel data to Vcard 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0 versions. The MS Excel spreadsheet to Vcard converter lets you create a single Vcard file along with all the contacts of the selected Excel spreadsheet.
- Map Excel fields and Vcard Fields
You can use the mapping option in order to convert details of each column into Vcard fields. Once the converter loads the complete file it shall list down all the columns in the down menu. Now, to map the columns select the name of each column from Excel field drop-down and from Vcard attribute drop-down menu.
- Import Empty Email Addresses
You are given the option to import all contacts having empty email addresses with the help of this software. You just have to simply check and uncheck the option if such contacts are present in your Excel sheet.
- Default destination Location
The convertor tool converts the Excel file contacts into Vcard file format and by default saves exported VCF files on the desktop. If you want to save the resultant file into the location of your choice then you can do this by browsing for an alternate destination path on the system.
Which online Excel to VCF Converter are you using?
In this guide, we have discussed how you can convert an Excel file into Vcard file without software. You can get a lot of ease by doing this. Thank you for coming and giving this article a read. If you found this article helpful let us know in the comment section below.
If you have any other methods of converting Excel to vcf online then please let us know!